To celebrate the International Day for Women & Girls in Science, SROS recognizes and acknowledges all women working in the Science fields and sectors across Samoa.
SROS also celebrates our female scientists serving Samoa across our five technical divisions:
- Agriculture Research Division,
- Environment & Renewable Energy Division
- Food Science and Technology Division
- Plants and Postharvest Technologies Division
- Technical Services Division
SROS’s female scientists come from a mixture of technical backgrounds, and local and overseas universities.
We are proud to showcase that, of our 5 technical divisions, three are led by women, and of our 54 scientists, 46% are female scientists.
SROS advocates gender-inclusivity and this is supported by the strong representation of women in science we currently have, and look forward to having more women join our work family in the future!